This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsMovieNight #CollectiveBias
It’s not often that we race out to get the latest DVD release, but being huge fans of Illumination Entertainment’s Despicable Me franchise, the Minions movie release date had been marked on our calendar and eagerly anticipated. We grabbed a copy as soon as it hit the store shelves, and we got ready for a #MinionsMovieNight – which of course included yummy snacks like our favorite Chili Cheese Dip – a perfect way to spend a few hours together as a family!
While the big kids were at school, the toddler and I headed to the store mid-week last week to see if we could find a copy of the coveted DVD: Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
We weren’t surprised at all when we turned the corner into the main aisle to find a large display full of Minions DVDs. With several options available, we went for the specially packaged version that included a Blu-Ray, DVD, and digital copy of the movie – plus there was an extra disc with three additional mini-movies… even more minion fun for our minion-loving family!
While we were there, we grabbed the ingredients we needed to make our favorite Chili Cheese Dip recipe to serve while watching the movie together as family!
Chili Cheese Dip Recipe
When our Minions movie night rolled around, I grabbed the two ingredients I’d purchased while at the store, and I quickly threw together our favorite Chili Cheese Dip… seriously, just two ingredients – it’s SO easy!
- two 15 oz cans of chili (we prefer the no-bean variety in this dip)
- one brick of cream cheese
1. Unwrap and put the brick of cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Dump both cans of chili on top of the cream cheese.
3. Cover the bowl (I used a piece of plastic wrap), and place it in the microwave.
4. Microwave on HIGH for two minutes.
5. Stir, and microwave for two additional minutes (or until cream cheese is soft and able to be even mixed with chili).
6. Serve with tortilla chips while watching the new Minions movie! [Even the minions are fighting over this yummy dip!]
Refrigerate any leftovers for later – this recipe reheats well.
Looking for more great ideas to make your #MinionsMovieNight a hit? Check out MinionsMovieNight.com!