Nothing is better than coming home at the end of a long day to your favorite comfort food ready to eat. Slow Cooked Beef Pot Roast is a perfect dish to serve your busy family this fall.
- 4 lb. beef roast
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 small red potatoes, scrubbed
- salt and pepper
- oil for frying
- Put oil in cast iron skillet, salt and pepper roast, and brown over medium heat, turning to brown all sides of roast.
- Remove roast to platter and turn heat to low under skillet.
- In same skillet mix together soup, dry onion soup mix, and water and stir to mix and get browned bits off bottom.
- Pour 1/2 mixture from skillet into slow cooker, then lay roast in.
- Pour remaining mixture from skillet over the top of roast.
- Arrange potatoes around the roast in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until roast falls apart and potatoes are tender.
- Serve the beef pot roast with candied carrots for a nice combination of sweet and tangy flavors.
Subscribe to the FREE 30 Day Slow Cooker Challenge
original image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/51047615@N06/8358882824