This year’s conference theme is Give Him Room, and I’m looking forward to preparing the message God wants to share through me and my experiences as I speak on Blogging as a Business: Developing a Strategy Without Selling Your Soul.
Today, I’m joining the other speakers of this year’s 2:1 Conference in introducing myself, my blog, and my session topic.
I am many things to many people…
- First and foremost, I am redeemed– saved by grace through the blood of Jesus Christ.
- Secondly, I am a wife (celebrating 9 years of marriage this May) and a motherof two (soon to be three).
- I homeschoolmy children. My son is 4 and loving preschool. My daughter is 6 and is flying through 2nd grade (she should be in Kindergarten).
- I am a self-employed business owner. I own and manage Pichea Media which includes maintaining two blogging communities as well as being a virtual blogging assistant and social media consultant.
- I’m a blogger. I blog here at Life by Ashley Pichea, and I am also the owner of Homeschool Blogging.
- I am a writer and speaker. (I currently have four eBooksin publication, with a fifth eBook in progress).
- I have lived in northern Indiana for the last six years, though I still call Michigan “home” and make trips to visit friends and family there frequently.
My Blog Mission
Here at Life by Ashley Pichea, my mission is to encourage others by sharing my journey with them. I invite my readers to become friends and join me in doing LIFE together – living intentionally by faith everyday – as I share my faith, my family, and our homeschool adventures.
At Homeschool Blogging, my goal is to bring education and encouragement to homeschool bloggers while helping to connect brands and bloggers together in mutually beneficial relationships.
Blogging as a Business: Developing a Strategy Without Selling Your Soul
Many homeschool bloggers find themselves at a point in their blogging journey where they’ve crossed over the line from being a hobby blogger to being a business blogger, often without consciously realizing it or planning for it. When we find ourselves at this point in our blogging journey, it’s time to take action and develop a plan to bless our families as we allow God to grow our reach and our efforts for His glory.
A self-taught blogger and social media maven, I’ve learned that you don’t have to sell your soul to be financially successful in the blogging world. It is possible to consider your blog a business without “selling out.”
I look forward to sharing ways to develop a business blogging strategy that not only will help you grow your blogging business but will also give God the glory as you give Him room. You’ll walk out of my session with practical ideas and strategies that you can implement right away to grow your blogging business and bless your family.
Will I see you this spring at the 2:1 Conference?!?
Check out the rest of the 2:1 Conference Speaker Tour
Deb Chitwood of Living Monetssori Now
Amy Roberts of Raising Arrows
Ashley Pichea of Life by Ashley Pichea
Daniele Evans of Domestic Serenity
Jenny Herman of Home Educating Family
Sherri Barth of From Our Front Porch Lookin’ In
Tara Ziegmont of Feels Like Home
Be sure to visit the official 2:1 sponsors as well: