Learning math doesn’t have to be boring for kids. There are lots of fun kids’ math games that they can play to learn math facts and practice their math skills.
Playing games is a great way to help your child learn and practice his math skills. There are fun kids’ math games that you can play as a family, games that he can play on his own, games that he can play on his tablet, and games that he can play online.
Here are a few of our family’s favorite fun kids’ math games… maybe they’ll become favorites at your house, too!
We love to play board games and card games at our house, and many of them are great for helping kids to learn and apply math skills. Here are some of our favorite multi-player math games:
- Yahtzee: counting, addition, multiplication, chance
- Monopoly: addition, subtraction, counting
- Skip-Bo: number sequence
- Battleship: graphing
- Strikeout: addition, subtraction
- Math Tic Tac Toe
- Math Dice: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
- Penguins Memory Game: addition, subtraction
- Equate: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
- Sequence Numbers: addition, subtraction
- Head Full of Numbers: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
These games are great for reinforcing math skills and can be played alone.
- Math Game with Holiday Toy Guides: budgeting
- Magic Square Math Puzzle: logic, addition
- Math Cube Riddle: logical reasoning, spatial awareness, problem solving skills
- 24 Game: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
- Sumoku: addition, mulitplication
My kids love their tablets, and we load them up with education and fun apps that challenge their brains while entertaining them.
- Math Games
- Math Games for Kids
- 1st Grade Learning Games
- Math Duel
- Math Tilt
- Numbers and Counting Match Games for Kids with Skills
- Math Slicer
- Fruit Ninja Academy: Math Master
- Math Climber
When my kids came home from school asking to play math games online, I thought they were crazy. But they love to play these online math games and would easily play for hours if we let them.
- Place Value Games for Kids
- Kids Math Games Online
- Place Value Hockey
- Math Man
- Number Ninja
- Beach Sudoku
For more fun kids’ math games, check out these great posts from our friends:
- Math Games from What We Do All Day
- Lego Math Games
- 100+ Free Math Printables and Lesson Ideas (ages 3-8)
- 10 Fun Math Games for Active Kids
- 45 Cool Math Games for Kids
original image source: https://flic.kr/p/9BbKMC