I don’t like to have an over-packed summer (hello, white space!!), but I know my kids need activity and some semblance of structure during the long summer months, so I’ve attempted to come up with a list of summer bucket list ideas that we can do together as family – one for each week of the summer.
12 Weeks of Summer Bucket List Ideas
- I definitely want to go camping this summer… even if it’s just at the local state park!
- A trip to the Toledo Zoo is on my summer bucket list, including a visit to their new aquarium.
- My kids would love to make some homemade playdough… maybe we can even add some essential oils, beads, or other textures for a sensory experience!
- I’ve stocked up on a couple of Summer Break Brain Bags, and I can’t wait to pull them out to read the books together with the kids and do related crafts/activities!
- Our local movie theater has $1 kids’ movies all summer long, and I’d love to surprise the kids by taking them one week.
- Jenny & David are forever asking to take a picnic, and the hills out behind our apartment complex would be perfect for a backyard blanket picnic.
- I’ve been trying to think of ways to have people over, and an ice cream social would be the perfect summer party!
- There’s a bowling alley down the road that we’ve been talking about taking the kids to – perfect for a weekend outing!
- A road trip is a summer bucket list must… whether it’s to the lake, to grandma’s, or to the northwoods of Michigan, we love taking road trips together!
- Heading to the beach is a must for our family – the kids can’t wait to swim and play in the sand.
- During the heat of the summer, it’d be fun to have our friends over for some water olympics… a great way to beat the heat!
- And because we love to read, we’ll be sure to visit the library and sign up for the summer reading program.
What’s on YOUR summer bucket list?